Saturday, April 15, 2017

Sponge Cake

BuzzFeed quizzes are superb at helping you find yourself. I really don’t know where I’d be if I’d never taken the Order A Meal At Chick-fil-A And We’ll Reveal Your Best Quality quiz (I’m understanding), or the "Build A Bowl Of Mac 'N' Cheese And We'll Tell You How Many Kids You'll Have quiz (eleven...nope, no thanks).

Although these quizzes are totally cheesy and far-fetched, I learned something magnificent when I took the Tell Us Your Taste In Men And We’ll Tell You What Kind Of Cake You Are quiz. As I’m nonchalantly choosing which celebrity man appeals to me more I’m excitedly anticipating my results of, “YOU’RE CHOCOLATE CAKE! Everyone looks forward to seeing you at big events and you’re great at pressuring others into what you like!” or “YOU’RE CONFETTI CAKE! You love to have a good time and you light up the room wherever you go”, but that didn’t happen for me. I made one choice. One wrong choice led me to something I never saw coming…


Sponge cake. I’m a sponge cake. No explanation. I’m just a sponge cake. I’m pretty sure my grandma doesn’t even enjoy sponge cake. Like, what am I supposed to believe about myself now?

Image result for golden girls ew gif

So, as humans tend to do, I made excuses. It’s just the quiz. Everyone’s a sponge cake. Then my friend took the quiz. She changed one answer, just one. SHE WAS CONFETTI CAKE!? Unbelievable. 

Thanks, Oscar Isaac, for making me sponge cake.

Which led me to my magnificent learning moment…one choice can change everything. One simple little choice, perhaps one that you think holds very little significance can drastically change an outcome. 

We make choices every day in life, some big and some small, some bad and some good. Sometimes we think about our choices, other times we don’t, but what if we took the time to reflect on our choices before we made them? Crazy idea I know and I’m sure I’m the very first one to think of this, but really, how is what I’m doing now going to help/hurt me later? Is this choice leading me to accomplish my goals or holding me back? Is this a sponge cake choice or a confetti cake choice?

So I leave you with this, what will you be…sponge cake or confetti cake?

With love,
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment