Saturday, April 1, 2017

Success

I’m in the midst of setting life goals. Goals that will hopefully lead me to be successful in the short amount of time I have. Ya know, things like: learn how to fold a fitted sheet, keep my eyes from rolling when my husband tells me I’ve gone over budget, binge watch every Netflix original series…really important stuff here. However, to set successful life-changing goals, I decided to google what success is, actually, I googled ‘successful animals’ because human success is slightly overrated. This is what I found.


A horseshoe crab. This is my successor. This is what I need to strive for. YES! No. On the other hand, I think the horseshoe crab may encompass some valuable facts that could really help me formulate my goals for success. After all they have been here for like…ever.

1. They’ve roamed the earth for approximately 445 million years.

Four hundred forty five million years. 445 MILLION YEARS!? This whole time the cockroach has been stealing their thunder when in reality horseshoe crabs are obviously the real winners here. So these creatures are virtually indestructible. They laugh in the face of danger (probably) and just keep on trucking. I can do that too.

2. They’re invertebrates.

They don’t have spines, which is probably why the cockroaches are stealing their thunder…because the crabs won’t stand up for themselves.


Actually, I like to see it as them humbling themselves. They don’t need all this recognition to keep doing what they do. They just…DO. Just do it. Now we know where Nike really got their slogan.

3. They’re blue blooded.

Their blood is super special. So special in fact that it is used in many vaccines and cures for various things. God created them unique, giving them a little something special, a gift for them to share with others. Intriguing.

Using these 3 facts pulled from a potentially unreliable source, I found three goals:
  • I will overcome obstacles, probably not 445 million years worth, but I will overcome.
  • I will humbly “just do it”.
  • I will share my gift.

Whoa. Horseshoe crab just dropped some serious knowledge on us.

Planning for success isn’t an easy feat, but if it were easy it wouldn’t be worth doing.

Until next time!
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment